Labels

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Updating older games for current-generation consoles

I love playing older games on 7th generation consoles, but there are some small outlying issues. I wonder why can't we just update them? I know it would cost money but it could give you good will from the fans and spark a raise in digital sales.   

1. San Andreas: The Control Scheme 





There are few games that achieved what San Andreas has, so it's a true shame to see its old control scheme hold it back. And with the recent kind of remaster on the Xbox 360, there really is no excuse for the awful controls.They have improved but not nearly enough.

2. Just Cause: A Waypoint

The map is too big to not have a way point system. I have to constantly pause the game to see where I am, and sometimes I just don't know where to go. I know the game is almost a decade old, but I think a programmer could patch this in under an hour.The do have waypoints in missions so adding a player waypoint could really bring some life back to this Gem.
3. Farcry 2: A Waypoint/control Scheme


I played Far Cry 2 on the Xbox 360 and had a terrible time with basically all of it. I have played older first person shooters like Duke Nukem 3D, Turok and Call of Duty 2 but this game was just plain archaic in design to me. It's a real shame because from reviews I really thought I was going to get into it.
4. Halo: Combat Evolved: Tank



Ok I understand 343 Industries, you want to leave the holy grail that is the first Halo Alone but....... Whats up with the Tank, the Tank is not a tank. It looks like tank, it shoots like a tank but it is not a tank, it is a lie! What I am refereeing to is that you get no additional heath meaning you picked off almost immediately. Especially when they expect to kill a room full of enemys like a tank but your not a TANK!
5. Team Fortress 2 (Xbox 360): Bots
Team Fortress 2 was and still one of the best of the best when it comes to shooters but on console the community has a disappeared but any game almost decade old is expected but when your guy such as myself and you got into the Orange Box too late, then you are kind of left out. This game is great I play it on PC but I do wish I could play it on my Xbox 360 though.

Are any games you played on this list or do you think I complain to much. Is there a game that turned you off from ancient game design or something that you felt that was simply missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment